Gluten free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Naturally Sweetened Waffle Cones. These homemade waffle cones are not only gluten free, but they are grain free, dairy free and sweetened with a hint of maple syrup. Be sure to use finely ground blanched almond flour for the perfect texture!
- 2/3 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup, Grade B
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- coconut oil spray for waffle iron (or any other light flavored vegetable oil)
- Heat waffle cone maker to number 3. Leave lid closed while it is heating.
- Add eggs first to blender, follow with remaining ingredients and blend on high until smooth and creamy, about 30-45 seconds.
- Open waffle cone maker, spray lightly with coconut oil or any other light flavored vegetable oil and pour 2 Tablespoons of batter into the center of the waffle iron and close lid. Bake for 2 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, remove waffle and wrap around plastic cone to shape into a cone. Waffles harden fast so do this step quickly and use a towel to help wrap cone if waffle is too hot to handle. Allow it to set around cone for 1 1/2 minutes, remove cone and set aside on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for remaining batter. Store waffles in an airtight container or sealed ziplock bag.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 16 mins
- Category: Dessert