This easy homemade chili recipe with kidney beans comes together in only 25 minutes! It has been my go to family chili recipe for over 5 years! It freezes well and is perfect for packing in a thermos on rainy days!
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 15 ounce can kidney beans
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced and fire roasted tomatoes w/green chilis (see notes for modifications)
- 2 cups chicken bone broth/stock
- 3 Tablespoons gluten free Tamari
- 1 Tablespoon Molasses
- 1/2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups organic frozen sweet corn (optional)
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & pepper to taste (I use 2 Tablespoons salt)
- In a large stockpot, heat oil to medium heat and saute onion for 5 minutes.
- Add ground beef and ground turkey to stock pot. Saute meat and cook through. Be sure to break meat into small pieces. Approximately 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cover for 13-15 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you prefer to have better control over the heat level in this chili, use fire roasted tomatoes without the green chilis and add chili powder seasoning a teaspoon at a time.
- Category: lunch