How to Make Almond Milk
- 2 cups raw almonds, preferably organic
- 3 ½ cups filtered water plus 4 cups filtered water for soaking
- 3 pitted dates, 2 Tablespoons raw honey or 6 drops liquid Stevia (for Plant Paradox Friendly use Stevia or no sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- In a large glass jar or bowl, add almonds and 4 cups of water. Cover with a cloth and rubber band and set at room temperature for 6-12 hours. If you leave it longer, change the water at least once.
- In the morning, drain water and rinse almonds well. Make sure to remove any brown film that surrounds the almonds.
- Add almonds and 3 ½ cups fresh filtered water to a blender.
- Blend 1-2 minutes at high speed until smooth.
- Line a large mixing bowl with several layers of cheese cloth or a cloth dinner napkin. Pour almond milk mixture into cheese cloth or napkin and wrap all ends together. Gently twist the top of the cheesecloth or napkin and begin to gently squeeze out almond milk. Tighten cheesecloth or napkin more and squeeze until all liquid has been removed from the almond pulp.
- If you want to sweeten it, pour almond milk back into a clean blender and add either dates, honey or stevia and vanilla extract. Drink immediately or store almond milk in a sealed glass jar in the refrigerator. Use within 4 days. Bon Appetit!