Check out these Paleo Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes! The sweet cinnamon swirl has waltzed its way onto your fluffy pancake and is ready for it’s debut at your next brunch! This fool-proof tutorial will show you how!
- For the Cinnamon Swirl:
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- For the Pancakes:
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup avocado oil plus more for skillet
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond milk or water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a small pot, pour coconut sugar, cinnamon, coconut milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Heat on low for 3-4 minutes until coconut sugar is melted. Set aside.
- Place almond flour, tapioca flour, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt in a mixing bowl and whisk until all lumps have been removed.
- Add eggs, avocado oil, apple cider vinegar, almond milk and vanilla to dry ingredients. Whisk for 2 minutes or until batter has thickened.
- Slowly add 1/3 cup of batter to cinnamon sugar mixture, stirring constantly until well incorporated. Pour cinnamon sugar mixture into a zip-lock bag and cut a very small hole at one of the corners. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet to low heat. Lightly oil pan and pour 1/3 cup pancake batter onto center of pan.
- Make a swirl of the cinnamon sugar mixture using the tip of the zip-lock bag. Point the tip of your baggie in the center of the pancake, gently squeeze and quickly work your way out in a circular motion. (See Photo above)
- Cover pan for 1 minute. Remove lid and flip pancake and cover for one more minute or until pancake is heated through.
- Repeat steps 4-7 with remaining pancakes. Serve with maple syrup.
- Category: Breakfast