This Potato and Kale Frittata is great for leftovers too! Just reheat slices in a 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes. This is kind of like a breakfast pizza! Kids love it with ketchup of course!
- 1 Tablespoon Bacon Fat or Coconut Oil
- 1 medium yellow onion sliced into thin rings
- 2 small purple potatoes, into small dice cuts (yellow works too)
- 4 kale leaves, stems removed and thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- 6 eggs, beaten
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat a 10 1/2 inch oven proof griddle or skillet to medium heat. Add bacon fat or oil.
- Once oil is heated, add onions and saute 10 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and saute another 5 minutes.
- Add kale and saute another minute. Potatoes should be cooked through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn broiler onto high heat and place rack one row below the top rack.
- Add beaten eggs to veggie mixture and spread around evenly with back of a fork.
- Place griddle under broiler for 2 minutes.
- Using an oven mitt, grab handle and turn griddle and broil for another minute.
- Remove from oven carefully using a mitt and slice and serve. Top each serving with avocado slices and scallions.
- Category: Breakfast