Gluten Free Strawberry Energy Bars
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries (from Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup shredded dried coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil
- 8 dates, pitted
- 2 Tablespoons raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
- 1 Tablespoon Organic Palm Shortening (Spectrum)
- In a food processor, add cashews, almonds, strawberries, coconut, coconut oil, honey, dates and salt. Process for 3 minutes or until mixture is sticky. Add more honey if needed.
- If necessary, stop processor and scoop sides down to make sure all ingredients are well incorporated. Run again for 1-2 minutes.
- Line 2 loaf pans with parchment paper and divide mixture among pans. Press mixture down firmly and evenly. Place in freezer while you prepare topping.
- For topping, fill a small pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Place a large glass or metal mixing bowl on top of pot and pour chocolate chips and palm shortening in bowl.
- Stir constantly with a spatula until all chocolate is melted. This should take only 1-2 minutes.
- Remove both loaf pans from freezer and divide chocolate mixture between pans.
- Top each loaf pan with melted chocolate and smooth evenly with a spatula. Place in the refrigerator until set.
- Remove from pan, slice each block into 8 bars or little squares.
- Store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Category: Snack