Free Chocolate Cake Pops for his Valentine’s Day class party. They’re sprinkled with pretty colored hearts and are dipped in vegan chocolate. Yes, they are not only gluten free, but dairy free too and they taste like a chocolate dipped brownie!
- Follow cupcake directions. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 10 inch square cake pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool.
- While the cake is cooling, start frosting recipe. See recipe below.
- After the cake is cooled, crumble the cake into a large mixing bowl. Avoid any crispy corners.
- Add all the frosting, you will have 1/2 cup plus 1 Tablespoon.
- Mix well with your hands.
- Use a mini cookie scooper to get an even amount of cake dough. This is 2 tablespoons. Squeeze the cake dough and roll into balls. Place on a cookie sheet.
- Repeat to make approximately 35 cake balls. Refrigerate for an hour.
- In a small saucepan, melt 15 ounces of dairy free chocolate on low. Set aside.
- Remove cake balls from the fridge.
- Place a popsicle stick in the melted chocolate and press straight into cake ball while it is on the cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining cake balls. Place back in the fridge for 5 minutes so the chocolate will harden. Remove from fridge.
- Dip each cake ball into melted chocolate. Gently twirl cake pop while scraping off excess chocolate with a spatula and place on a sheet of parchment paper. Add desired sprinkles. Repeat with remaining cake pops.
- Once chocolate has hardened, place back on cookie sheet and store in the fridge. I remove my cake pops from the fridge 2 hours before serving so that they have time to soften. Enjoy!
Nutritional info includes frosting for each individual cake pop
- Prep Time: 60 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Dessert