Special gluten free chocolate chip pancakes. They are grain free and made with coconut flour.
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup of organic unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil plus 1 teaspoon for pan
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips or semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, applesauce, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
- In a small bowl, whisk together coconut flour and baking soda. Add to egg mixture and whisk together until batter is smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a non-stick ceramic crepe pan to low heat. Rub pan with teaspoon of coconut oil. Using a 1/3 measuring cup, scoop batter into center of crepe pan and cover with a lid. Heat for 1 1/2-2 minutes or until top of pancake is starting to steam through.
- Remove lid, flip pancake and cook uncovered for about 30-45 seconds.
- Repeat with remaining batter. You will get 11-12 pancakes, depending on size of eggs. Serve with butter, maple syrup and fresh fruit.
Covering the pancakes eliminates splattering while flipping because the top of the pancake slightly cooks.