Gluten Free Gravy
- 4 Tablespoons organic butter or ghee (or dairy free butter Earth Balance)
- 1 teaspoon bacon fat (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons Arrowroot
- 2 cups turkey stock or turkey drippings(strained through a fine mesh sieve)
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt to taste (about 1/2-3/4 teaspoon Himalayan salt)
- Heat butter and bacon fat over medium heat in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk butter mixture until it is frothy. Add arrowroot and whisk until mixture has turned golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add turkey stock or drippings, sage and onion powder.
- Raise flame to medium high heat and continue to whisk until mixture has thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt to taste. Remove from heat and serve.