Gluten Free Lavender Pound Cake. It is so simple to make and would be wonderful to take to a tea party and share with friends.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil plus 1/8 teaspoon to grease sides of loaf pan
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of lemon flavor
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons of raw honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of shredded dried unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried French lavender buds plus 1/8 teaspoon to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a medium size loaf pan with parchment paper covering the longer sides. Grease the shorter sides of loaf pan with 1/8 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Place all ingredients in order mentioned into blender except French lavender buds. Blend until batter is smooth, about 10-15 seconds.
- Fold in French lavender buds and pour into medium sized loaf pan or a paper loaf pan. ( I used a Rectangular Baking Mold Loaf Pan, sized at 6″ x 2 1/2″ x 2″ )
- Sprinkle remaining 1/8 teaspoon of lavender buds over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 33-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cover with foil the last 5 minutes of baking to prevent the top from over browning.
- Allow to cool completely and top with Lemon Lavender Glaze before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins