Gluten Free Lemon Cookies
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup shredded and dehydrated unsweetened coconut
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil or organic palm oil, melted (plus 1 teaspoon more for greasing baking pan)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon flavor or 10 drops lemon essential oil*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and lightly grease with oil.
- Whisk together almond flour, dried coconut, and baking soda until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, stir together melted oil, honey, vanilla extract and lemon flavor or lemon essential oil.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir well with a bread whisk or by hand. Dough will be more on the dry side.
- Scoop a tablespoon of dough into your hand, roll into a ball, place on baking sheet and gently press down to form a small disk. Repeat with the rest of the dough, placing cookies 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until edges are lightly golden. Allow to cool completely before removing from baking sheet. Cookies will harden once they are cool. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Bon Appetit!
- Category: Dessert