Delicious Grain Free Everything Empanadas made from Grain-free Everything Dough! These savory empanadas are stuffed with Mexican Picadillo which is a blend of ground beef, vegetables and spices. They are gluten free, grain-free, Paleo friendly and dairy free. Use this basic recipe to make any sweet or savory empanada your heart desires! Check out the new and improved Grain Free Everything Dough 2.0 E-Book HERE with many new recipes!
- 1 Batch Grain Free Everything Dough
- Tapioca flour for dusting and rolling
- 1 egg white (from 1 large egg)
- favorite filling (see Mexican Picadillo Recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide dough into 6 balls. Place back in mixing bowl and cover dough with a towel so it does not dry out. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a clean counter and dust generously with tapioca flour, this will be your rolling surface.
- Remove one ball of dough and form into a disk. Dust with tapioca flour and place on parchment paper. Roll into a 6 inch circle.
- Pour a small amount of filling over half of the dough, see photo above. I used a little over 1/4 cup of filling. Do not overstuff or the dough will tear.
- Fold dough in half and fold over the edges. Press down with fingers to seal edges.
- Using a large spatula, carefully place your finished grain free everything empanada on the parchment lined baking sheet. Brush with egg white all over.
- Repeat with remaining dough. Arrange finished empanadas on baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before eating. Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge. Reheat chilled empanadas at 400 degrees for 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional info includes 1 serving of picadillo in each enpanada.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Baked Goods