Tired of making variations of dough for baking? Finally, a Grain-Free Everything Dough that is gluten free, dairy free, grain free and multi-purpose! It is perfect for making pizza, cinnamon rolls, pita bread, empanadas, breadsticks and more. I will show you exactly what you need to make this easy and delicious dough!
This recipe was slightly modified from my Gluten Free Pizza Crust Recipe. I cut the recipe in half and perfected the texture so it can also be rolled out to make empanadas, cinnamon rolls, etc.
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
How to Make Grain Free Everything Dough:
You will need:
- blanched almond flour, this is finely ground and great for baking
- tapioca flour, I use this one that is organic
- potato starch, this one is also organic
- xanthan gum, this one is grain-free, no corn
- salt, I like buying this in bulk for baking
- egg white, from 1 large egg
- light olive oil or organic shortening
- warm water
- active dry yeast, be sure to store yeast in a sealed container in the fridge
This recipe uses yeast and xanthan gum to ensure a proper texture. The texture of the dough feels very similar to a gluten dough.
You can even make this grain free everything dough ahead of time and just roll it out the day you are baking. It can be stored for a few days in the fridge.
I use xanthan gum in this recipe to improve texture, Authentic Foods Xanthan Gum is corn free and grain free.
Grain Free Everything Dough Video Tutorial:
Below is a “sneak peak” of some of the recipes I have made with this grain free everything dough. They are now on the blog and there will be more recipes coming so be sure to subscribe so you don’t miss any of them!
This versatile Grain Free Everything Dough will save you lots of money and time in the kitchen! This dough can make dozens of different recipes from cinnamon rolls, empanadas, pizza to pita bread! You can’t find these grain free recipes in your local super market! Make these delicious family favorites at home!
Check out our New and Improved Grain Free Everything Dough 2.0, all with exclusive new recipes including pretzels, samosas, breadsticks and more!
Grain Free Everything Dough perfect for making pizza, cinnamon rolls, pita bread, empanadas and more! Gluten Free, grain free, and dairy free! Check out the new and improved Grain Free Everything Dough 2.0 including many more recipes!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour plus more for dusting
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (Authentic Foods brand is grain-free & corn-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or palm shortening
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- In a small bowl, stir together warm water, honey and yeast. Stir well and set aside for 2-3 minutes for yeast to activate.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, xanthan gum and salt. Whisk until all lumps are removed.
- Mix in yeast mixture, egg white and shortening until well combined. Dough should be soft like play dough.
- Cover dough with a towel until ready to use. Can be used for making pizza, pita pockets, cinnamon rolls and hand pies.
When measuring flour, scoop the flour with a spoon and into your measuring cup. Level off excess flour. If your dough is too dry, add a bit more warm water until it is the texture of play dough.
The nutrition label below is showing for 4 servings.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!