Paleo Breakfast Burrito with Potato and Chorizo
- 1 batch of Paleo Tortillas 2.0 Recipe (divide dough into 6 balls & make into 9 inch round tortillas)
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 small russet potatoes, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon sat
- 3/4 pound pork chorizo
- 12 slices of avocado
- Heat your skillet to medium low heat. Divide Paleo Tortilla dough into 6 balls and store in a ziplock bag. Take a ball of dough and roll it into a disk. Dust your surface with either tapioca or cassava flour and roll dough out to 8-9 inches thick. Be sure to continue dusting with flour throughout if needed to prevent dough from sticking.
- Carefully place your tortilla on the hot skillet and flip once bubbles have formed, about 15-30 seconds. Flip again and once brown spots have coated both sides, place tortilla in a tortilla warmer or aluminum foil to steam. Repeat with remaining tortillas. (Can be made ahead and stored at room temperature)
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat, add oil, onions and potatoes. Coat in oil and sprinkle salt over potatoes. Cover and allow to steam for 5 minutes. Remove lid and stir, cover for another 3 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through.
- In another skillet, heat chorizo until cooked through using medium heat, stirring occasionally. About 5 minutes.
- To prepare burritos, lay a tortilla out flat, add 2 spoons of potatoes, 2 small spoons of chorizo and 2 slices of avocado (see photo above). Do not overfill, you want to just fill the center line of the tortilla. Roll tortillas into a burrito and serve. To freeze burritos, wrap in plastic wrap and store in a ziplock bag in the freezer. (Do not add avocado if you will freeze burritos). Burritos can be reheated in the toaster oven at 350 for 25 minutes. Wrap loosely in foil if you do not want your tortilla too crispy. I am pretty sure can microwave these too if you choose to!
Nutritional info includes (1) paleo tortilla per burrito.