Paleo Cream of Broccoli Soup. How do you make a creamy broccoli soup without the flour and cream?? With my secret ingredient of course! Chicken stock! My kids are sick and tired of chicken stock, so I sneak it into yummy soups, chili beans, and other foods that they WILL eat and actually love.
- 1 Tablespoon chicken fat or coconut oil (reserved from stock)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 whole garlic clove
- 2 large russet potatoes, cubed
- 2 heads of broccoli, florets only
- 4 cups of homemade chicken stock
- approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of sea salt (add salt & pepper to taste)
- Heat a pot to medium-low heat. Add fat or oil of choice and saute green onions and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broccoli and saute another 2 minutes.
- Add stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and carefully puree in a blender or with stick blender until silky smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with crispy bacon or chives.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: soup