Paleo Pie Crust
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 3/4 teaspoon Himalayan Salt
- 2 Tablespoon ghee or coconut oil
- 1 large pastured organic egg
- 4 teaspoons filtered water
- 1 teaspoon honey
- (1 beaten egg plus 1 teaspoon of filtered water for egg wash only)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse several times until well combined and a ball forms.
- Remove dough from food processor and knead for 1 minute.
- If you are going to form the bottom of a pie crust, place dough in a 9 inch pie plate and press out dough evenly with fingertips. Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Fill pie crust.
- If you are going to form pie crust for top of Pie, roll between two sheets of parchment paper until it is 1/8 inch thick and 9 1/2 inches round.
- Remove top sheet of parchment paper, flip crust onto a metal cookie sheet and then carefully flip onto filled pie plate. Allow crust to gently lift off of cookie sheet and onto the pie plate. Form edges and prick holes in crust with a fork. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes. Cover edges with aluminum foil and bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, brush egg wash gently onto crust and bake another 5 minutes or until golden brown. About 40-45 minutes total.