Delicious soft Paleo Pita Bread made from Grain Free Everything Dough. Perfect for breakfast egg scramble or stuffed with a chicken salad. Grain free, gluten free and dairy free pita bread. Check out the new and improved Grain Free Everything Dough 2.0 E-Book HERE with many more exclusive recipes!
- 1 Batch Grain Free Everything Dough
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees oven and place a pizza stone in the center of the oven.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on surface and dust with a pinch of tapioca flour.
- Divide dough into 4 equal balls. Grab a ball of dough and cover the remaining dough in a bowl with a towel so it does not dry out.
- Roll each dough into a 6 inch circle for a thicker pita or 6 1/2” circle for a thinner pita. If your dough edges break, slightly wet your hand with water and knead dough between hands to soften.
- Using an over-sized spatula, slide dough directly onto pizza stone. If you do not have an over-sized spatula, leave pita on parchment and slide both onto pizza stone.
- Bake 6” pita for 12 minutes and 6 1/2” pita for 10 minutes or until edges are golden. You can fit 2 pitas on the pizza stone at a time or bake all on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut pitas in half and using a sharp knife, slice open to fill with food.
- Serve warm. Cold pitas will need to be reheated in the oven or on a skillet.
Photo above shows a 6 1/2 ” pita.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving Size: 4 whole pitas
- Calories: 461
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 321.6mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 70.8 g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 8.3g