- 1½ cups blanched almond flour (I buy from Anthony Goods)
- 1½ cups tapioca flour (also known as tapioca starch) plus ¼ cup for dusting
- 1½ teaspoons Himalayan Salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 egg yolks (total egg mixture equals ¾ cup)
- 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil (added to boiling water)
- 4 quarts of water
- Place water and avocado oil in a large pot. Turn heat on high and bring to a boil.
- In a large mixing bowl or kitchen-aid, whisk together almond flour, tapioca flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour and add eggs. Whisk eggs with a fork and slowly incorporate flour. Roll dough into a ball.
- Sprinkle a large cutting board with a tablespoon of tapioca flour. Knead dough on floured surface for 5 minutes. If dough is too wet, add a bit of tapioca flour. The dough should not stick to your hands and has the texture of play dough.
- Separate dough into 3 equal sized balls, place 2 balls in a bowl and cover with a dry towel or plastic wrap so it does not dry out.
- Sprinkle tapioca flour onto your surface and place a ball of dough on top. Sprinkle ball with more tapioca flour. Using a wooden rolling pin, roll your ball of pasta out to the size of a 3 inch disk. Flip the pasta and sprinkle with more tapioca flour. If it sticks to your rolling pin, sprinkle with more tapioca flour. Continue to roll, flour and flip. Repeat this step until your pasta is ⅛ inch thick or less. You will now have a large irregular sized square. Using a zig-zag pizza cutter, cut uneven edges off of pasta and set aside. Cut pasta into 1-inch wide ribbons. Cut the long ribbons into 6 inch ribbons so they are easier to handle. Cook for 3 minutes. Use a pasta claw to carefully remove pasta and drain in a pasta colander.
- Repeat step 6 with remaining 2 balls of dough. Once all pasta is cooked and drained. Toss into mushroom & kale meat sauce.
- Category: Paleo Reginette Pasta