This Tender Beef Stew with Potatoes and Carrots is a classic comfort food. Simmering your meat in stock, roasted tomatoes and spices will create a deeply flavorful and tender beef stew that is finger-licking good! The addition of potatoes, carrots and green beans ensures a complete and healthy meal.
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or bacon fat
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1.75 lbs flank steak, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 quart chicken or beef stock
- 2 cans fire roasted tomatoes w/green chilis
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free Tamari or coconut aminos
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 russet potatoes, cut into eighths
- 2 carrots, cut into 1” thick rounds
- 2 cups green beans cut into 1 1/2” long
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large stock pot to medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Saute for 3 minutes and add steak, stock, roasted tomatoes, Tamari or coconut aminos, onion powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, bay leaves and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cover for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and add potatoes and carrots. Cover and simmer 20 minutes. Add green beans. Simmer 10 more minutes or until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaves. Season with salt and pepper.
- Category: Main