Thai Shrimp Curry Recipe
- 2 lbs deveined shrimp in shell or with tail on
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 7 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons continental curry
- 2 teaspoons madras powder
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1–2 cups water
- 2–3 Tablespoons honey
- 1–2 Tablespoons potato flour to thicken
- salt to taste
- Heat oil in a stockpot to medium low heat. Add onions and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic cloves and saute another 2-3 minutes. Add spices and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and enough water to cover shrimp. About 1-2 cups. (I filled can up with water)
- Add honey and lightly season with salt. Flavors will concentrate so do not over salt. Sift in potato flour to slightly thicken.
- Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Taste for desired flavor and adjust accordingly.
- Top with cilantro. Serve immediately. Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Category: Main
- Cuisine: Thai