Vegan Gluten Free Cornbread. This vegan gluten free cornbread is moist, fluffy and sweet!
- 1 Tablespoon flax meal plus 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 cup organic cornmeal
- 1 cup gluten free flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- In a small mixing bowl, add flax meal and 2 Tablespoon of water. Whisk well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together cornmeal, gluten free flour and salt.
- Make a well in the center and add water, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar and flax meal mixture.
- Stir all ingredients together with a whisk until well incorporated and smooth.
- Line an 8 X 8 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Pour in batter and bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cornbread to cool for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Cut into squares and store in a sealed container at room temperature or the fridge.