This fluffy cream Vegan Frosting resembles real buttercream. It is perfect on it’s own and can be used as a base for chocolate, raspberry or strawberry frosting. I have combined ingredients in my Whipped Coconut Cream and Easy Raspberry Vegan Frosting, two of my most requested recipes to make this amazing creamy vegan buttercream.
- 2/3 cup whipped unsweetend coconut cream from 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable shortening (I use Spectrum)
- 4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Chill a can of coconut milk overnight. Turn can upside down, open with can opener and pour off coconut water. Scoop out thick cream and whip.
- Add vegetable shortening, maple syrup or preferred sweetener, vanilla and almond extract. Whip with a hand held mixer until creamy and fluffy. Refrigerate until ready to frost.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: Cake