Hi! My name is Ester Perez and I am a loving wife, busy Mom, blogger and Holistic Health Coach living in Los Angeles, California with a dog, a cat and two pet rats called Charlie and Sunny who love to eat kale and cheese.
Here at Nurture My Gut I am obsessed with teaching people how to make delicious and mouth-watering gluten-free/Paleo friendly foods that nurture your gut! (Yeah, I know, that is why my blog is called…NurtureMyGut). I am all about making healing foods taste awesome!
Besides being a strong believer that foods can heal from the inside out, some other things I believe in are…
- cooking is (and should be) fun!
- Kids are fully capable of cooking at a young age and they are so eager to learn!(especially desserts)
- You deserve Vibrant Health and to feel awesome every day!
- You should embrace your food allergies and get creative in the kitchen with the foods that nurture your gut!
- Kids with gluten allergies should never miss out on birthday parties so learn to bake and pack your own yummy food!
- Baking a tray of runny Paleo cupcakes is a good indication of how NOT to make cupcakes and one step closer to making an awesome recipe!
- I was born 50 years too late because I love swing dancing, polka dots, big fancy hats, bright red lipstick and Downton Abbey. (Oh how I wish that show never ended! Angels singing!Ahhh!)
You might be wondering HOW did Nurture My Gut come about?
When I was 15, I began to develop some major health challenges…hair falling out, depression, migraines, Vitiligo, yeast infections and thyroid problems. I saw a doctor, popped a pill and felt worse! So I decided to try a natural approach. Coming from a Hispanic background, it is common in my culture to see a Naturopath or Iridologist. (Someone that “reads the eye” is what we call it.) So I got my iris reading with a Naturopath (I love her, she is awesome!) and I came out with a bag full of herbs, a list of foods that I should NOT eat, and foods that I should eat. I followed my protocol to the perfect “T” (I am such a good student..wink!) for 6 months and ALL of my symptoms stopped in their tracks! I learned at an early age, given the right food, the body can heal itself! What I put in my mouth can make me feel miserable, or make me feel awesome!
Fast forward 20 years of health challenges & health transformation. I now have two kids with gluten allergies and after lots of trial and error, I feel best on a grain-free diet. Being on a gluten-free/dairy free diet is not enough for me, you can learn more about Cross-Reactive Foods HERE. Paleo foods are my foundation but I enjoy an occasional gluten free treat (like a Chocolate Cake Pop) or a special gluten free meal out on a special occasion. Diet is my foundation! I also do other things that contribute to my overall wellness such as hot yoga, Pilates, chiropractic care, meditation, affirmations, a few supplements and the most amazing supportive community all around me! I have learned to live with Hashimoto’s Hypothyroidism, Vitiligo and Neuropathy and I am my happiest and healthiest I have ever been!
Want to feast your eyes on some delicious and healthy recipes? Sign up for my weekly recipe roundup and newsletter.