It is day 17 on my Whole30 cleanse and I have really simplified my cooking…but no loss of flavor! One thing I have learned these last few weeks is how to season meat with simple herbs and garlic. Did you know that meat tastes amazing with garlic? Oh my! These easy garlic cilantro meatballs are so easy to make, yet they are bursting with flavor. The garlic and cilantro add a kick that makes these meatballs perfect just on their own! I made zucchini noodles with a simple marinara and topped with these easy meatballs. It was so good I had a second plate!
Being on Whole30 has made me appreciate salads and vegetables again. Today I roasted 2 huge heads of broccoli. I ate 80% of those vegetables today. Yesterday I roasted a pound of parsnips and ate the whole tray! I would never have eaten this way if it wasn’t for Whole30. My body is craving what it needs and feeling great! I even got an awful head cold Sunday and it completely disappeared in a day and a half. I used my essential oils which are amazing, but I know the diet also helped. A day in a half in unbelievable recovery for me! If you are wondering what I used, I took 2 drops of black pepper, 2 drops of On Guard, 1 drop of Frankincense and 1 drop of Oregano essential oil every few hours. About 3-4 capsules a day.
These easy meatballs are pretty versatile. You can add them to spaghetti, serve them as an appetizer with a dipping sauce or put them in a veggie soup. Next time I will make a few pounds and freeze half so I can have some on hand for those busy Mommy days where I take kids from one place to the next and I am wondering what in the world I am going to feed my family for dinner. Then, just like magic, I pull out my Easy Garlic Cilantro Meatballs and make a yummy satisfying meal in 15 minutes! Now that’s what I’m talking about! Smart meal planning! If you love a recipe, make double and freeze half for another day. That way you can take the kids to the park or library and not worry about dinner because “You got it covered!”
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these delicious gluten free recipes:
These easy meatballs are pretty versatile. You can add them to spaghetti, serve them as an appetizer with a dipping sauce or put them in a veggie soup.
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons ground flaxmeal
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- To a large mixing bowl, add beef, garlic, cilantro, flaxmeal, egg and salt. Using hands or a stand mixer, mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop a tablespoon of beef mixture and form into a round ball. Make 23 meatballs.
- Heat a cast iron skillet to medium low heat. Add coconut oil. When skillet is hot, add meatballs and turn occasionally so they brown on all sides. This will take about 5-7 minutes. Check a meatball by cutting in half to make sure they are fully cooked. Serve with zucchini noodles and marinara.
- Category: dinner
- How to Create a Zero Waste Kitchen - 20 August, 2021
- 10 Naturally Immune Boosting Foods and Why You Should Eat Them - 13 January, 2021
- Berry Tropical Green Smoothie - 31 May, 2020