Craving Pita Bread? Look no further! These pitas puff up perfectly in the oven and will fill your house with the blissful aroma of baked bread! This Paleo Pita bread is an insanely good breakfast when stuffed with scrambled eggs, avocado and bacon.
I was baking these yesterday and my daughter said, “What is that wonderful smell?” I said, “Pita bread, my dear, they are like mini pizzas, remember?”
Her eyes were wide and bright and before saying another word, she snatched her pita right off the counter, stuffed it with butter and off she went to play! Her ball in one hand and her paleo pita bread in the other.
I could hear “MMMmmm….from far away!” That was the response I was looking for.
This is a food you can eat on the go, stuffed with yummy deliciousness or simply on it’s own! To make the Ultimate Paleo Pita stuff it with my Tuna Salad or Chicken Salad with Italian Dressing. The possibilities are endless!
These can be baked in two different sizes, a thicker 6” pita or a 6 1/2” pita. The photos above show a 6 1/2 inch pita.
The smaller size will resemble more of a pizza like dough, it will be more bready so it would be perfect for eating straight out of the oven with soup or salads. The 6 1/2” size is best for stuffing with salad or food.
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
The best way to get these to puff up is to use a pizza stone. I have found this the best way to make pizza or pita bread. It does deliver on its promise to create perfectly baked creations with minimal investment!
Another handy trick is to use an over-sized spatula to slide your pitas onto the pizza stone. I accidentally bought that spatula by mistake and now I use it for so many things!
How to Make Grain Free Everything Dough Video Tutorial:
For more delicious gluten free/Paleo friendly recipes, please be sure to subscribe below!
Delicious soft Paleo Pita Bread made from Grain Free Everything Dough. Perfect for breakfast egg scramble or stuffed with a chicken salad. Grain free, gluten free and dairy free pita bread. Check out the new and improved Grain Free Everything Dough 2.0 E-Book HERE with many more exclusive recipes!
- 1 Batch Grain Free Everything Dough
- 1 Tablespoon tapioca flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees oven and place a pizza stone in the center of the oven.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on surface and dust with a pinch of tapioca flour.
- Divide dough into 4 equal balls. Grab a ball of dough and cover the remaining dough in a bowl with a towel so it does not dry out.
- Roll each dough into a 6 inch circle for a thicker pita or 6 1/2” circle for a thinner pita. If your dough edges break, slightly wet your hand with water and knead dough between hands to soften.
- Using an over-sized spatula, slide dough directly onto pizza stone. If you do not have an over-sized spatula, leave pita on parchment and slide both onto pizza stone.
- Bake 6” pita for 12 minutes and 6 1/2” pita for 10 minutes or until edges are golden. You can fit 2 pitas on the pizza stone at a time or bake all on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cut pitas in half and using a sharp knife, slice open to fill with food.
- Serve warm. Cold pitas will need to be reheated in the oven or on a skillet.
Photo above shows a 6 1/2 ” pita.
- Serving Size: 4 whole pitas
- Calories: 461
- Sugar: 5.3g
- Sodium: 321.6mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 70.8 g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Protein: 8.3g
- 10 Naturally Immune Boosting Foods and Why You Should Eat Them - 13 January, 2021
- Berry Tropical Green Smoothie - 31 May, 2020
- Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies - 17 May, 2020