These Grain Free Everything Cinnamon Rolls are pure comfort food! They bring back all your classic flavors: cinnamon, sugar and a warm dough wrapped in a sweet silky glaze. Finally, delicious rolls without the backlash effects of gluten, grains and dairy.
These are a rare and special treat for anyone on a grain free diet! The best thing is, they are made with my Grain Free Everything Dough. You can make pizza, empanadas, pita bread and cinnamon rolls with this dough! (Scroll down below for recipes)
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
HOW TO MAKE GRAIN FREE EVERYTHING CINNAMON ROLLS
You will Need:
- 1 Batch Grain Free Everything Dough
- blanched almond flour, this is finely ground and great for baking
- tapioca flour
- potato starch
- xanthan gum, this one is grain-free, no corn
- salt, I like buying this in bulk for baking
- egg white, from 1 large egg
- organic shortening (best tasting) plus more for cinnamon sugar mixture
- warm water
- active dry yeast, be sure to store yeast in a sealed container in the fridge
- coconut sugar
- ground cinnamon
- maple syrup, plus more for glaze
- coconut cream for orange coconut cream glaze
- zest of orange for orange coconut cream glaze
- Organic Powdered Confectioners Sugar for classic icing (grain free)
The first thing you want to do is make a batch of Grain Free Everything Dough. Cover your dough with a towel while you make your cinnamon sugar mixture.
Next, lay some parchment paper on your surface and dust with tapioca flour. Roll out your dough into a large 10 by 12 inch rectangle.
Spread your cinnamon sugar mixture over your dough and roll into a log. Use your parchment paper to roll dough over itself as in the photo above.
Once it is into a log, slice into 7-8 rolls. Do not cut too thick or the center will be raw. I have tested this recipe at least 8 times and this is the only quirk, don’t cut too thick, trust me!
Grease your baking tray with shortening and lay your cinnamon rolls cut side up.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make your glaze. I tested several different glaze recipes and my favorite is an Orange Coconut Cream glaze made with coconut cream, maple syrup and orange zest. If you want a classic icing, like my husband/kids prefer, then use Organic Powdered Confectioners Sugar which is made with sugar and tapioca starch.
I have included two dairy free/grain free icing recipes below with a few links to popular icings for those of you that do not have any dairy allergies and want a classic cream cheese icing. Let me know in the comments below how you liked this recipe!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these Grain Free Recipes Made w/Everything Dough:
Grain Free Everything Cinnamon Rolls made with Grain Free Everything Dough. These delicious cinnamon rolls are the ultimate comfort food! Completely grain free, gluten free and dairy free. Stuffed with cinnamon, coconut sugar and maple syrup for a healthier version.
- 1 Batch Grain Free Everything Dough
- 2–3 Tablespoons tapioca flour for rolling
- 3 Tablespoons palm shortening plus 1/2 teaspoon for greasing pan
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a small bowl, mix together shortening, coconut sugar, cinnamon, maple syrup and vanilla. Set aside.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on counter or large cutting board.
- Dust surface and rolling pin with tapioca flour.
- Roll dough into a 10 by 12 inch rectangle.
- Spread cinnamon sugar mixture onto dough with a spatula.
- Roll dough into a log. (See photo above)
- Slice into 7-8 pieces. Do not cut too thick so center cooks properly.
- Grease a baking dish with shortening, place cinnamon rolls, cut side up and bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Top with desired glaze (see recipe choices below). Serve warm.
Nutritional info below includes 1 tablespoon orange cream glaze per roll.
Keywords: Grain Free Everything Cinnamon Rolls
- 2/3 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- zest of 1/2 orange
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut cream, maple syrup and orange zest.
- Top cinnamon rolls with orange coconut cream glaze and serve warm.
If you want a classic frosting and not worried about dairy, here are a few great options (just use organic powdered confectioners sugar that is grain free–see above recommendations):
The Perfect Cinnamon Roll Icing
Classic White Glaze Cinnamon Roll Icing
- Category: Orange Coconut Cream Glaze
- 1 cup organic powdered confectioners sugar or more if desired
- 1 Tablespoon melted shortening
- coconut milk for thinning about 2 Tablespoons
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together confectioners sugar, melted shortening and coconut milk until smooth and creamy. Add enough coconut milk until you reach desired consistency. Some like this thick, some like it thin. It’s personal preference.
- Category: Dessert