Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars
These desirable Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars are perfect for any occasion from parties to school events. They have the comforting taste of apple pie and will fill your heart with warmth. It is the perfect fall treat and I assure that you do not want to miss out on these heavenly bars. The only regret you will have is they will be gone in the blink of an eye.
I have searched far and wide for the perfect fall desert, but finally my quest has come to an end. These Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars are layered with a soft crumbly crust and the inside is filled with a gooey sweet apple pie filling.
The inspiration for this recipe began with making Pioneer Woman’s Strawberry Bars from the food network channel. I made a gluten free version of the Pioneer Woman Strawberry Bars and added fresh sliced strawberries and it was amazing! After tinkering with the original recipe I created Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars. It is 100% kid approved, and my daughter said that it tasted like a better version of apple pie. Yes, better. You can dip them in milk for a little touch or eat them with a heavenly scoop of No-Churn Vegan Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. I mean, that’s what I did while watching Gilmore Girls with my daughter. Just me? Okay.
How to make Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars
The best time to make these bars is either early in the morning or the night before. It takes only 10 minutes to prep, 50 minutes to bake and then they must completely cool. I prefer to put these in the fridge overnight then pull them out in the morning to slice and serve with breakfast.
Health Benefits of making Homemade Breakfast Bars
Fall is the season of apples, so don’t miss this amazing recipe before it’s too late! Apples are packed with important antioxidants, flavonoids and dietary fiber. Apples are constantly being praised as a “miracle food.” So feel free to add as much sliced apples into this recipe as possible and serve some sliced ones on the side.
Additionally, this recipe is made with brown sugar which has molasses, and it adds the benefits of certain minerals such as calcium, potassium, iron and magnesium whereas white sugar contains none of those. Alongside all of those, there are whole grain gluten free oats too. You may not know this but oats are one of the healthiest grains on earth. They are a great source of minerals, fiber and antioxidants. They can help support healthy weight, healthy blood sugar levels and are known to even reduce the risk of heart disease. This shows that these Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars aren’t just a sweet treat, they have many hidden benefits that most people are unaware of.
You’ll never find a recipe as good as these Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars. These will disappear in a flash from your home! They are loved by kids and adults alike! Bon Appetit!
Watch how to make Gluten-Free Apple Pie Bars:
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox! Print
These Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars are layered with a soft crumbly crust and the inside is filled with a gooey sweet apple pie filling. These desirable Gluten Free Apple Pie Bars are perfect for any occasion from parties to school events. They have the comforting taste of apple pie and will fill your heart with warmth. It is the perfect fall treat and I assure that you do not want to miss out on these heavenly bars.
1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten free flour
1 1/2 cups gluten free rolled oats
1 cup loosely packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 granny smith apple cored and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 11X7 baking pan with parchment paper. Any regular rectangular size pan will work. Butter the edges not covered by parchment paper.
- In a mixer, whisk together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. Cube butter and cut into flour until ingredients come together and are sticky.
- Put half of the mixture into the bottom of the pan and press with fingers.
- Layer apples over bottom mixture and spread jam on top of apples.
- Crumble remaining mixture over apple jam and press down with fingers. Do not worry if some of the apple peaks through, it will spread out when baking.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until top is slightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, remove pan from fridge and cut around the edges with a sharp knife. Remove parchment onto a cutting board and slice bars into 15 squares. Serve with a glass of milk. Store remaining gluten free apple pie bars in a sealed container in the fridge.
- 10 Naturally Immune Boosting Foods and Why You Should Eat Them - 13 January, 2021
- Berry Tropical Green Smoothie - 31 May, 2020
- Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies - 17 May, 2020