These french fries are crispy, flavorful and absolutely perfect! They can be eaten for breakfast or simply on their own for a snack.
My son loves French fries, I mean, he LOOOOOOVES them! If it was up to him, he would eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Unfortunately, most fries are dunked in oil, which is not healthy at all. These have only 2 Tablespoons of avocado oil for the whole batch and they are oven-baked. Making them a much healthier alternative.
This is a trick I learned from Danielle Walker’s book, Against All Grain. I added onion powder and salt for extra flavor and baked them off in the oven. The end result…perfection! Crispy, salty and full of flavor!
If you love these Crispy Baked French Fries, then you should check out my Crispy Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries, they are OH SO GOOD!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these delicious gluten free/Paleo-ish recipes:
- 2 russet potatoes, scrubbed, rinsed and dried
- 2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon onion granules
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes into matchsticks, ¼ inch thick.
- Place the fries in a large mixing bowl, toss with avocado oil.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut flour, onion granules and salt. Toss into fries and coat fries. You can use your hands for this.
- Line a large baking sheet (or 2 small sheets) with parchment paper and space fries thought. Be sure they do not touch.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until French fries are crispy and slightly golden.
- Serve with ketchup or homemade mayonnaise.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Thai Cucumber Noodle Salad - 14 January, 2017
- Easy Roasted Rosemary Chicken Breast for Meal Planning Monday #1 - 9 January, 2017
- Easy Smoked Salmon Poke Bowl w/Cilantro Cream Dressing - 16 December, 2016