Wow! My husband and I completed the Whole30 Cleanse! This last year, I could not get my hormones back in balance. I was nauseated a lot! I felt like I had morning sickness all over again, but I definitely WAS NOT pregnant! My husband had 2 swollen knees that were not healing and was considering knee surgery. I was getting congested every morning and feeling candida flaring out every time I made a treat with honey in it. My diet was clean, but something was off. My friend told me she was on a Whole30 cleanse and she was doing it because it got rid of her congestion. Bingo! A light bulb turned on and right then and there, I decided I would do this Whole30 cleanse. But what was it???
The Whole30 is a thirty day cleanse of eating healthy, clean, anti-inflammatory foods. It reduces gut inflammation, regulates your metabolism, encourages natural weight loss, balances your hormones and get’s your taste buds back where they are supposed to be, which is craving healthy food. Bottom line, it is the cleanest Paleo diet out there.
Whole30 COMPLIANT FOODS ARE:
-meat, poultry, seafood, eggs, organ meats, tons of vegetables, leafy greens, potatoes, yams, squashes, fruits, limited dried fruit, nuts, seeds, lots of good fats like avocado, olives, coconut, best oils like coconut, avocado and macadamia oils and vinegars. A light breading of coconut, almond or tapioca flour is okay.
FOODS TO AVOID ON Whole30 ARE:
-No added sugar of any kind. No natural, no artificial, no stevia, no honey, NADA!
-No alcohol of any form, not even for cooking.
-No grains, not even gluten free grains or pseudo-grains like quinoa.
-No legumes or soy. No soy sauce, no peanut butter, no edamame, no tempeh.
-No dairy, no cow, goat or sheep milk products. Clarified butter or ghee is okay.
-No carrageenan, MSG or sulfites.
-No recreating baked goods with approved ingredients. No making pancakes, bread, etc.
-No smoothies or juices. It is best to eat fruits and veggies so your body sends signals of satiety.
What the Whole30 diet did for me was many things. First, lets look at my symptoms BEFORE Whole 30:
1) Hormonal imbalance due to Hashimotos Hypothyroidism-frequent heavy periods, PMS and lots and lots of nausea.
2) Symptoms similar to peptic ulcer-excruciating pain on left side if I had tomato sauce or balsamic vinegars.
3) Stomach aches with some gluten free foods.
4) Congestion and irritability with sweets.
5) Feeling shaky and hypoglycemic if too much time lapsed between meals.
1) Nausea disappeared from the start. Light periods, no PMS, still frequent but shorter menses.
2) Peptic ulcer symptoms gone completely after 3rd week. No more pain with balsamic vinegars or tomato sauce.
3) No more stomach aches.
4) Congestion cleared up right after removing all sweeteners. Fruit is okay. No irritability, mood is very stable.
5) No shaky or hypoglycemic feelings after a few days of diet. Can have several hours between meals and feel hungry, but not shaky.
In regards to my husband, well, he had amazing results too! He STOPPED SNORING COMPLETELY!!! Yes, that is amazing! His knees feel great, he LOST OVER 12 POUNDS and his palate changed. He began to crave healthy foods that he had not had the desire to eat in several years!
The Whole30 really changed our lives for the better. It helped us create healthy habits and teach us new things about our bodies and palate.
I think one of the best things I did was removing all sweeteners. My taste buds have changed. Now, I crave brussells sprouts, broccoli and salads every day. Plus, my body has tons of energy eating these foods.
If you want to learn more about the Whole30 Cleanse, there are lots of free resources at www.whole30.com or you can buy the book “It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways” for detailed in depth information on the ins and outs of The Whole30 Cleanse. I highly recommend this book for those of you starting the diet.
You can check out my recipe index under Whole30 Approved category with over a dozen delicious recipes.
If you are the type of person that needs help finishing what they start, then you are in need of health coaching during your cleanse. Contact me and I will support you during your cleanse from day 1 all the way through your completion and re-introduction diet. Not only will you cleanse your body, but we can work on other areas of your life that you have been procrastinating on and need some serious attention.
For delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these healthy Whole30 approved recipes:
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Instant Pot Chili Beans Recipe - 12 July, 2019
- Healthy Noodle Sweet and Spicy Crunch Bowl - 2 July, 2019
- 15 Fun Travel Car Games for Kids ( Mom’s Top Picks From Amazon) - 25 June, 2019