“I want waffles! I want waffles!” Is the chanting I hear at 8:00 in the morning. My kids are starving for the sweet, crispy, light and fluffy decadence a waffle brings to their palate. Oh, “I only make those on the weekend I say”.
They keep chanting “I want waffles! I want waffles!” I give in to the chanting! I am a peacemaker and when it comes to food, a people pleaser. I really love to hear my kids say, “Oh Mom, these are the best gluten free waffles in the world!”
So waffles it is. These waffles are the BEST GLUTEN FREE WAFFLES ever! They are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.
My husband says “a great waffle should taste excellent just on its own.” I guarantee, this gluten free waffle lives up to that decree.
It has a perfect balance of sweetness, which might make you want to eat them undressed, just as they are! But if you would like to be transported to a higher realm, add fresh berries and maple syrup! This will take these gluten free waffles to a whole new level “waffle heaven!”
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
In the past I used a cast iron waffle maker but it often made a HUGE mess all over my stove. I decided to get a Belgian Waffle Maker from Amazon and it took my waffles to a whole new level! No more mess, super easy clean-up and perfect waffles every time!
These gluten free Belgian Waffles are pretty easy to make and they are done in 15 minutes or less. You can easily add chocolate chips or chopped fresh fruit to the batter to mix-up the recipe.
Share your comments below and remember to subscribe to my blog at the top right for more gluten free deliciousness your way!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:
Gluten Free Waffles (Paleo)
These waffles are the BEST GLUTEN FREE WAFFLES ever! They are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy on the inside.
- Prep Time: 7 mins
- Cook Time: 8 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup melted coconut OR grapeseed oil plus more for waffle iron
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk until all lumps have been removed.
- Add liquid ingredients and whisk for 2 minutes or until batter has thickened. Batter will be similar to a thin pancake batter.
- Spray or coat waffle maker with a thin layer of oil.
- Fill waffle maker with batter and follow waffle maker instructions. For a Belgium waffle maker I use 2/3 cup of batter, for a smaller waffle maker, I use 1/3 cup.
- I used a Belgium waffle maker and used the minimum setting. I poured in the batter, flipped the waffle upside down and let it heat for 2 minutes. Flipped it right side up, opened the lid and removed the waffle gently with a rubber spatula. Serve with berries and maple syrup.
- Waffles can be reheated in a 350 degree oven for 6 minutes.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Delicious Homemade Vegan Tomato Lentil Soup Recipe - 8 May, 2019
- Easy Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats - 23 April, 2019
- 20 Tips for Getting a Good Nights Sleep Naturally - 13 April, 2019