Grain Free Bagels that are light, airy and delicious! Easily baked in the oven and topped with “Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend” for a bold pop of flavor. Gluten free, grain free and dairy free.
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
Items needed for Grain Free Bagels:
- cashew butter
- water if cashew butter is dry
- apple cider vinegar
- baking soda
- egg whites
- Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend
- donut baking pan
- basting brush (silicone works best)
How To Make Grain Free Bagels:
The first thing you will do is whip together the cashew butter and water in the food processor. Each brand of cashew butter is different so you will need to modify this depending on the brand. If your cashew butter is too dry, then definitely add the water and blend in the food processor, if it is wet, then just blend the cashew butter with the honey, apple cider vinegar and baking soda.
Next you will whip your egg whites until soft peaks form as shown above and fold in your cashew butter mixture into your egg whites. The mixture will be light and airy.
Next, pour your mixture into a greased donut baking pan and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, take out your donuts and brush with egg white. I like to use a silicone basting brush for this. As soon as you brush the egg white, sprinkle your seed mixture. Repeat with remaining bagels and bake one more minute.
Once your bagels are cool, remove them carefully with a fork or spatula and enjoy!
These Grain Free Bagels are light & airy and taste wonderful with Dairy Free Ranch Dip -it tastes like cream cheese!
Also, they can be served along side some scrambled eggs, bacon and fresh fruit for a heartier breakfast.
My whole family loved these including my daughter’s friend who is not gluten free!
So if you have been missing out on bagels, then you will surely be in for a treat with this recipe! Enjoy!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Grain-Free Bagels RecipePrint
Grain-Free Bagels (GAPS FRIENDLY)
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Total Time: 21 minutes
- Yield: 6 bagels
- 1 cup of cashew butter
- 1/3 cup of water ( only add water if cashew butter is dry)
- 1 Tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 egg whites (plus one more egg white for making an egg wash to brush bagels with)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a food processor, blend cashew butter with water until batter is slightly smooth. Add honey, apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Blend until well incorporated.
- Beat 2 egg whites with a mixer until soft peaks form. Fold cashew butter mixture into egg whites. Beat on high for 10 seconds or until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into 6 greased donut molds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Carefully brush on egg wash, sprinkle seed blend on donuts and bake one more minute. Allow donuts to cool before removing from pan.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Kale and Golden Beet Salad w/Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette - 16 January, 2018
- Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets - 11 January, 2018
- Instant Pot Paleo Cinnamon Walnut Sweet Potato Bread - 27 December, 2017