My son and I have been on the full GAPS diet for about a month to help seal a leaky gut and find more healing. I am so passionate about cooking that you can imagine I am trying to duplicate everything under the sun in a GAPS friendly way.
Last week my son had a St. Patrick’s day party at school and they were serving bagels. I came up with this grain-free bagel recipe which he absolutely loved. I was very happy with how quick it is to make. I would recommend doubling the recipe as these grain-free bagels go very fast!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:
Grain-Free Bagels Recipe
- 1 cup of cashew butter
- ⅓ cup of water ( only add water if cashew butter is dry)
- 1 Tablespoon of raw honey
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 egg whites (plus one more egg white for making an egg wash to brush bagels with)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a food processor, blend cashew butter with water until batter is slightly smooth. Add honey, apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Blend until well incorporated.
- Beat 2 egg whites with a mixer until soft peaks form. Fold cashew butter mixture into egg whites. Beat on high for 10 seconds or until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into 6 greased donut molds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Carefully brush on egg wash on all donuts and bake one more minute. Allow donuts to cool before removing from pan. Bon Apetit!
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Green Chicken and Chorizo Enchiladas with Dairy Free Crema - 23 March, 2017
- Ultimate Gluten Free Pantry Clean-out: “18 Foods to Replace When Going Gluten Free - 21 March, 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Healthy Treat bag with free Printable - 14 March, 2017