These healthy homemade fruit snacks are made from pomegranate juice, grass-fed gelatin, lemon oil and a bit of Lakanto (or honey). They are super healthy for kids of all ages!
I wish these would last more than a day in our home because I love them too! My kids go through these pretty quick! I go to grab some from the fridge and they are gone in a flash!
I do not mind at all! Grass-fed gelatin is very nourishing to the gut. The more of this they eat, the healthier their digestion will be. Gelatin is hydrophilic which means it attracts digestive juices, which in turn aids in digestion making them perfect for dessert after any meal.
There are several different ways to make these healthy homemade fruit snacks. I made these in a baking dish and cut them out with flower cookie cutters . You can also set the fruit snacks in a greased Yunko Silicone Candy Mold which would look super cute!!!
I use Great Lakes Unflavored Gelatin. I add it to stews, soups and of course, for making homemade fruit snacks! Always be sure to add lemon oil, fresh lemon or lime juice when using grass-fed beef gelatin to make fruit snacks. It hides the natural flavor of gelatin when making treats for the kiddos.
I have even made this recipe with pureed strawberries and it is delicious!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
For more delicious healthy kid friendly recipes, check out:
Homemade Healthy Fruit Snacks
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Total Time: 2 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 4-6
- Category: dessert
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 Tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- 2 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 teaspoons Lakanto or raw honey
- Lightly grease a baking dish with coconut oil.
- To your baking dish, add 1 cup pomegranate juice, gelatin, lemon oil and preferred sweetener.
- Heat the remaining pomegranate juice until hot, but do not boil.
- Add pomegranate juice to gelatin mixture and whisk until all gelatin is melted.
- Refrigerate until gelatin is set. About 2-3 hours
- Cut into squares or using a flower cookie cutter, cut into shapes and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Instant Pot Crispy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes - 18 October, 2017
- Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles with Easy Blueberry Compote - 10 October, 2017
- How to Make Coconut Kefir - 3 October, 2017