Instant Pot Crispy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes –these easy pressure cooked potatoes are soft on the inside and crispy and flavorful on the outside! A fabulous and easy recipe that is guaranteed to be a hit at brunch or dinner. Everything can be done in the Instant Pot, this recipe is completely hassle free!
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
I have fallen in ❤️ with my Instant Pot and have been creating several recipes with it! If you do not have an Instant Pot, then I highly recommend it!
It has all the functionalities of a crock-pot, only better! The thing I ❤️ most about the Instant Pot is that you can actually sauté foods right inside of the pot, which gives your food a richer flavor, then set it and forget it! If you have to go somewhere, once your food is done cooking, it automatically goes to a warm functionality for up to 10 hours! Plus, your stove and oven stay clean! Yay for Mom!
To make these Instant Pot Crispy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes is very easy. Let me show you how!
How to Make Instant Pot Crispy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes:
- Step one is to scrub your potatoes clean, then cut them in half. I am using small red potatoes. You can use any that you like, but I suggest leaving them in big chunks.
2. Next, put your trivet and collapsible steamer basket in your instant pot. The trivet comes with the Instant Pot.
3. Add 1 cup of water or the minimum amount required by your Instant Pot. I am using the larger 8 quart size which requires 1 cup. Place your potatoes, seal the lid and make sure the valve is on sealing mode.
4. Set your pressure to high pressure for 5 minutes.
5. Once the timer beeps, let it sit for another 10-15 minutes. If your potatoes are in bigger chunks, let it go for 15 minutes, if they are smaller potatoes, you can let them go for 10 minutes. Use an oven mitt to release the remaining pressure.
6. (Below is how the potatoes look once they are steamed). Remove your potatoes and steamer basket carefully, you may need to use a towel or oven mitts to remove the basket.
7. Dump out the water in the Instant Pot into the sink. You no longer need this. Dry your Instant Pot.
8. Add 2 Tablespoons of oil. I used avocado oil, but any oil will do. Then add potatoes cut side down, sprinkle with rosemary and do not touch them for several minutes. After 4 minutes, they will release and you can flip them. If they do not release easily, then give them another minute to brown. The potatoes will easily released once browned. If you try to release them before they are fully browned on that side, they will stick! You can brown on back side too if you like more mushy and crispy potatoes, I just browned the skin side 2-3 minutes.
9. Now you can sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss and serve hot!
There are several variations you can make with this recipe:
- Garlic Rosemary Potatoes
- Bacon Rosemary Potatoes
- Onion, Bell Pepper Rosemary Potatoes
When you sauté, add any of the variations above to your recipe to add different flavors.
Another thing you can do is save the steamed potatoes in the fridge and then toss them in oil and broil them on a baking tray until crispy.
These can be served for brunch and accompanied with Gluten Free Waffles, bacon and eggs.
For dinner, serve these Instant Pot Crispy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes with Cast Iron Grilled Chicken and some steamed broccoli or asparagus.
I know you will absolutely ❤️ this recipe! If you are looking for more easy gluten free Instant Pot Recipes, you can check out my Ultimate Instant Pot Pinto Beans Recipe. More instant pot recipes coming soon so be sure to subscribe below! You will get my Delicious Paleo Breakfast Ebook as my gift to you!
Instant Pot Crispy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
Instant Pot Crispy Rosemary Roasted Potatoes
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs small red potatoes, washed & scrubbed
- 1 cup filtered water
- 2 Tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced rosemary
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut potatoes into halves.
- Add water to instant pot, put potatoes into a collapsible steamer basket and cook at high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Wait 10-15 minutes and use an oven mitt to release remaining pressure.
- Remove potatoes and pour remaining water down the sink. Dry instant pot and add oil to instant pot. Put instant pot on “Saute” mode. Cook potatoes cut side down in instant pot. Add rosemary over potatoes. Brown potatoes about 4 minutes on cut side and 2 minutes on the back side, more if you like them crispy all over. Potatoes will naturally release from the bottom of the instant pot once they are browned. Do not try to remove before they are browned or they will stick.
- Pour potatoes into a serving dish and sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat evenly. Serve hot.
- Serving Size: 6
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Kale and Golden Beet Salad w/Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette - 16 January, 2018
- Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets - 11 January, 2018
- Instant Pot Paleo Cinnamon Walnut Sweet Potato Bread - 27 December, 2017