Looking for a fast and healthy lunch? Look no further! This Easy Paleo Taco Salad is ready in 15 minutes! It is seasoned to perfection and cooked with yellow bell peppers, freshly chopped tomato and served on a bed of butter lettuce. Top it off with some freshly cubed avocado and dairy free sour cream for the ultimate flavor sensation!
(This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to view my full Disclosure Policy.)
When I sent out my survey last month, asking you what kind of recipes you would like to see more of on Nurture My Gut, many of you requested fast and easy Paleo friendly meals.
I am listening and I am here to provide you with 20 minute or less Paleo recipes that make your life easier, healthier and your palate happier!
Being that it is summer, this fast and Easy Paleo Taco Salad deemed to be a perfect recipe.
This Easy Paleo Taco Salad is very simple to make, all you need to do is heat up a large skillet to medium heat, I use a large cast-iron skillet for even heating. Add avocado oil and saute your onion and yellow bell pepper for 2-3 minutes.
Then, add your ground beef and brown until no longer pink. If you would like to top with Dairy Free Sour Cream, you can make this while your beef is cooking.
Once the meat is cooked through, toss in your chopped tomatoes and add your spices. Season with salt and taste for desired flavor.
Place some butter lettuce leaves on a plate, top with ground beef mixture, some cubed avocado and dairy free sour cream. It’s that easy!
If you want to reserve a little bit of chopped bell pepper and tomato to sprinkle on top, you can do that too and I did in the photo above.
What are your favorite taco salad toppings? I would love to hear in the comments below.
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these popular delicious gluten free/Paleo-ish recipes below:
- 1 Tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef, preferably grass-fed
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- dash of cayenne pepper (or more if desired)
- 1 head butter lettuce or preferred lettuce
- (optional) dairy free sour cream & 1 avocado, cubed
- Heat a large skillet to medium heat. Add avocado oil, onion and bell peppers. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef and brown, stirring occasionally. (If making dairy free sour cream, make while meat is browning). Once meat is cooked through, add tomatoes, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, cumin, salt and cayenne pepper. Stir and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over butter lettuce leaves. Top with avocado and dairy free sour cream.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Green Chicken and Chorizo Enchiladas with Dairy Free Crema - 23 March, 2017
- Ultimate Gluten Free Pantry Clean-out: “18 Foods to Replace When Going Gluten Free - 21 March, 2017
- St. Patrick’s Day Healthy Treat bag with free Printable - 14 March, 2017