Flu season has come early this year causing many to suffer from runny noses, coughs and congestion. There are hundreds of over the counter drugs to relieve symptoms, but if you are like me, I prefer to treat illness naturally and foremost, PREVENT getting sick.
One of the simplest and most affordable things you can do to keep your immune system strong is to get your daily dose of vitamin C. The daily recommendation is 65-95 milligrams a day and the maximum recommended is 2,000 milligrams. Lemons are high in vitamin C and ginger has potent anti-inflammatory properties. Both lemon and ginger combined, drank on a regular basis will keep your immune system strong.
Homemade ginger lemonade drank daily has several health benefits. It gives a boost to your immune system, reduces inflammation in the body, cleanses the liver, helps kill bacteria in the stomach and tastes great! This is also one of my favorite remedies to give to my kids when they are feeling sick, and they love drinking it! Bon Appetit!
For more delicious healthy gluten free/Paleo-ish meals, please subscribe below. You will get my free Paleo Breakfast E-Book as my gift to you and new recipes straight to your inbox!
Check out these yummy gluten free recipes:Print
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2
- Category: beverage
- 1 1/2 lemons
- 1 inch piece ginger root
- 2 cups water
- stevia or raw honey to taste
- Juice the lemons and place in a large glass. Remove and discard seeds.
- Peel and mince the ginger root. Put ginger root in a garlic press to squeeze out the ginger juice. Squeeze juice into large glass.
- Add water and sweeten with stevia or raw honey.
Latest posts by Ester Perez (see all)
- Peel and Stick Tiles: Backsplash Kitchen Makeover - 24 January, 2018
- Kale and Golden Beet Salad w/Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette - 16 January, 2018
- Easy Instant Pot Golden Beets - 11 January, 2018